CHEMICAL GUYS CLAYBAR HEAVY DUTY
HEAVY DUTY CLAY BAR
Use for heavy oxidation where time is the real issue. Great for business professionals that need the surface smooth prior to polish or buffing. Ideal for medium to tough jobs and larger amounts of paint over-spray especially if the over-spray has been on the car for a long time. This scratch free ultra-flexible elastic bar is a huge customer favorite that truly works great for all paint finishes.
WHAT WILL THIS CLAY BAR DO?
Clay pulls out all the things you can not see, but you can defiantly feel, like industrial fallout, rail dust, and brake dust. Though they are not visible, they feel rough or gritty and may cause patches of paint to appear dull, even after waxing. As these contaminants oxidize, they create rust spots within the paint. Once this happens, the oxidation is considerably harder to remove and will most likely take a good bit of paint with it. You can also use clay to thoroughly clean the exterior windows, headlights, taillights as well!!!
BULLETS TO MAKE WHAT THE CLAY DOES EASIER:
- clay bar leaves the surface silky smooth with a mirror-like smooth finish.
- premium professional quality clay bar capable of removing contaminants,
such as bugs, tar, rail dust - and overspray.
- one premium professional duty bar is enough to do 6-10 vehicles
- for light to medium moderate contamination removal
- super elastic clay bar removes harmful particles quickly and effectively.
Non-abrasive product, safe for all aluminum, chrome, fiberglass, paint, glass, plastic headlight, taillights and all and painted finishes.
HOW DOES IT WORK AND WHAT STEPS DO I NEED TO FOLLOW?
1. Wash vehicle very well to loosen surface dirt. Getting the surface as clean as possible will reduce wear on the clay bar and extend the life of your bar by reducing the amount of contaminants that need to be lifted by the bar.
2. Mist a 2 x2 square foot area generously with Chemical Guys LUBER Lubricant. Hold the clay bar against the surface and move it back and forth.
3. Surface Eraser Poly Clay will grab the surface initially. This grabbing indicates that the clay is encountering contamination. Continue rubbing gently until the clay glides freely.
4.Using LUBER® Wipe each completely section with a micro fiber towel, this process will wipe away contaminates and reduce friction and possible marring of surface through friction.
5.Before moving to the next section, inspect the clay. If it appears soiled, fold the clay and use a clean portion to clean the next section. If you drop the clay or it becomes completely soiled, discard the clay bar and continue with a fresh bar.
6.WOW on this BMW we did you can not only feel the difference but actually see it as well.....NICE,
7.Once you have clayed the paint, YOU CAN CLAY THE WINDOWS AS WELL. Follow the same directions for windows this will reduce streaking when using your wipers and accelerate water runoff when it rains.
8.Wash Vehicle again once completed, this will assure that all contaminates that were removed are safely washed off of the surface where they can no longer to hard to paint.
|Medium Duty||Heavy Duty||Medium Duty Clay Kit||Heavy Duty Clay Kit|
What Can Contaminate Your Vehicle's Surface?
1. Brake Dust - Particles produced from the friction of brake pads rubbing against the rotor. This metal on metal friction disperses tiny particles of bare metal into the air and on the highways and virtually everywhere your car travels. Constant movement of vehicles propels it into the air and dispenses it over the vehicle's surface.
2. Industrial Fallout - Another word for pollution, industrial fallout is a by-product of our surroundings. It comes from industrial businesses and factories as well as diesel vehicles and includes even airplane fallout.
3. Rail Dust - Produced from the friction of train wheels against railroad tracks. Over 75% of new vehicles are shipped by rail. Nearly all new vehicles are contaminated as soon as they leave the factory.
When Should You Clay Bar?
You can clay bar your car as often as you wish or simply prior to waxing or polishing your vehicle. To acquire the best smooth as glass touch and feel result it is ideal to always clay bar your vehicle prior to application of wax, glaze, polish or paint sealant. Many people have never heard of clay baring because for a while clay bars were only available to professionals. Claying is less abrasive then polishing or buffing the surface. Claying actually pulls out foreign particles and contaminants that have embedded themselves in the paint. Polishes are intended more to be used as cleaners for paint, such as cleaning the paint, filling swirls and scratches, restoring and maximizing shine by smoothing over sharp edges.
How is clay different from polishing or buffing?
Many people have never heard of clay barring because for awhile clay bars were only available to professionals. Claying is less abrasive than polishing or buffing the surface. Claying actually pulls out foreign particles and contaminants that have embedded themselves in the paint. Polishes are intended more to be used as cleaners for paint, such as cleaning the paint, filling swirls and scratches, restoring and maximizing shine by smoothing over sharp edges.
Do I need a clay lubricant?
Yes! Clay bars absolutely need some kind of lubricant to work correctly. Without lubricant, clay bars cannot move freely over the surface and work as intended. Without proper lubrication a clay bar will catch on contaminants, pull them across the surface and possibly scratch or mar paint. Clay bars are such intended as to work with proper clay bar lubricants are formulated to lubricate the surface allowing the clay bars to glide more freely across a surface. Lubricants aid the clay bar in lifting particles and allow the clay bar to move freely from raking roughly across the paint and causing possible scratches.
Can you use soap as a lubricant?
No! Lubricants are formulated to work with the clay bar and will not impact the integrity and cleaning ability of a clay bar. Shampoos and car wash soaps may damage the clay bar leading to deterioration, which in turn will limits its cleaning ability and shorten its life span. Specially formulated clay lubricants are formulated with uniquely engineered surface lubricants to allow for superior gliding of the clay bar and provide a slippery protective layer that clay bars can safely glide across.
|Name||CHEMICAL GUYS CLAYBAR HEAVY DUTY|